Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog.

About my blog: When I returned to the U.S. after serving in the Peace Corps, I knew that my career path wasn't headed in a direction that would lead me to self-actualization and true fulfillment of my interests and gifts. Thus, I willingly embarked upon a quarterlife crisis.

I want to thank the hundreds of people who responded to e-mails, conversed in hallways and cafes, counseled me one-on-one, and even allowed me to job shadow.

A thorough search of my soul and spiritual guidance has led me to embark upon what I hope will be a career life filled with adventure, intellectual stimulation, and unending opportunities to help other people. I want to share my experience by publicly journaling in a blog. I hope that my journey will inspire and enlighten others who may face similar challenges that I did.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I took my NCLEX today!

I'm done! (Well, officially once I have my NCLEX scores and license in hand...) But, I feel like I'm done! No more classes or reflections or papers. Now I can just find a nursing job (not easy).

My ABSN program was so great. I feel so well prepared for an entry level nursing job and I know exactly what I want to start out doing--emergency nursing.

I did my summer practicum in a very busy emergency department during the night shift and it was amazing. I was laughing at my previous post about IV's. Yep. Been there. Learned that. Well, I'm not perfect by any measure and I would be nervous having to poke a meth addict who needed rapid fluid resuscitation, but I can totally do it. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment